Thursday, October 8, 2009

Solar-Powered Bike GPS


Solar-Powered Bike GPS
Brian Nadel | Make Vol. 10- 2007 | Pdf | 3 pgs | 2 mb
I've spent much of my adult life dealing with either
computers or bicycles. Writing about computer
technology has put food on my family's table and a
roof over our heads, while riding helps me unwind,
clearing my head of the jargon that accumulates
throughout the workday.

During the summer. I'll disappear for hours on
long rides to nowhere and back. But I have to admit
on some rides I've gotten so lost I have trouble
finding my way home. Happily, I was able to build
a solar-powered GPS mapping machine, mostly
from old computer parts and software I had sitting
around my office. I've seen motorcycle-mounted
GPS navigation screens. but have never come
across one on a bicycle, even though it seems
like a natural mix of appropriate and functional
technology.
...

No comments:

Post a Comment