Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Sketchup Workbench


Sketchup Workbench
John Edgar Park | Make Vol. 10- 2007 | Pdf | 5 pgs | 2 mb
Google SketchUp is my favorite design tool, and if
all goes according to plan. it'll soon be yours, too.
Even though I use higher-end 3D software all day at
work, SketchUp still blows me away: it enables fast,
fun, and accurate 3D sketching unlike any other
program (it's free too!).

Makers will find SketchUp useful for all sorts of
things. from furniture design to workshop layout.
from project enclosures to robotic exoskeletons. It's
good for this kind of stuff becauseyou can rough out
your designs quickly. using real-world dimensions.

I decided to use SketchUp to design a much-
needed workbench. The first phase was to create
the conceptual model, which is a rough 3D sketch of
the form. The second phase was design engineer-
ing, where I figured out the real-world materials list
and construction plan for the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment