Thursday, August 27, 2009

Animating Real-Time Game Characters


Animating Real-Time Game Characters
Paul Steed | ISBN: 1-58450-270-3 | Pdf | 400 pgs | 12 mb
My intent in writing Animating Real-Time Game Characters has been to
share my work methods, thoughts, and ideas about animating real-time characters in 3ds max 4™ and character studio 3®. Any factor that affects the animation process using these two tools has been covered. Design, modeling, texturing, rigging, weighting, keyframing, motion capture, and exporting to a game engine are all in here. Written for the relatively new or intermediate user of 3ds max, the book isn't just a rehash of the manuals and tutorials that came with your software, it's a companion to them. Make sure that you know your way around 3ds max 4 at a basic level and that you have at least gone through the animation tutorials in order to understand the terminology that will be used. Since I usually wait at least a year after the latest version of 3ds max comes out until I begin using it, the information presented doesn't include or apply to 3ds max 5. However, with the exception of a couple of key features, I'm confident that many of the tips and tricks covered will work for 3ds max 3 and 3ds max 5 as well.

To illustrate ideas, tips, tricks, and techniques, I've used several characters from games or projects I've completed over the last year and a half, but most often I've used a character called Betty Bad from the self-titled game that was released January 2002 by WildTangent. This is primarily to show you the thought and work that goes into an implemented game character. By doing so, I've hopefully given you a snapshot of what I do every day and have been doing every day for the past nine years: character animation. It's not just my job, it's my hobby, passion, and the thing I love to discuss with others.
...

Download...

Mirror

No comments:

Post a Comment