Sunday, November 1, 2009

Wireless Motion Sensing Made Easy


Wireless Motion Sensing Made Easy
Tom Igoe | Make Vol. 14- 2008 | Pdf | 4 pgs | 2 mb
I was never much of a sports fan until my friend
Mattie introduced me to the Gotham Girls Roller
Derby (gothamgirlsrollerderby.com). Once you've
seen a good blocker send the opposing team's jam-
mer sailing into the sidelines with a solid hip check,
you're hooked. Add all the bad puns in the players'
nicknames, and you've got a sport I just can't resist.

Soon, I had to find a way to hack it. If the skaters
wore motion sensors, I figured, you could make
things react to the action. Sound effects on every
hit! A synchronized soundtrack! Flames shooting up
every time a player gets knocked out of bounds! The
possibilities are endless.
...

No comments:

Post a Comment